Sunday, March 18, 2012

Natural Journey 38 Years in the Making

I always remember having a head full of hair that was uncontrollable and unmanageable.  From the age of 9 I always wanted to do my own hair, and did not desire to wear 2 or more ponytails in my hair.  Slicking my hair back in one ponytail was a difficult task.  I remember a friend telling me "I always thought you had a cone head", and that was because my hair was so think it didn't lay flat. 

I always loved when girls had long luxurious curls.  So at the age of 10 I attempted the jheri curl!! Man o Man I do not wish to post pics of that hair style, but it is apart of where I have been and where I am now.  After 20+ years of relaxing and that 1 year of the jheri curl, I learned that my hair has a natural curl and I didn't need the jheri curl. One day I became acquainted with "Cream Crack" also known as the relaxer. I was literally addicted to the the hair crack, and experienced many ups and downs.  My hair grew to lengths that I thought I would never achieve, but I also lost a lot on my bathroom sink.  So in addition to learning I have curls, I also learned that when I want to wear my hair straight I don't need the creamy crack, aka relaxer.

October 2010 was my last relaxer, and Decemer 23, 2010 I chopped off all my hair also known as
the "BC" Big Chop. 



5 comments:

  1. Wow, great story. You are so courageous. In a world where beauty is defined in so many ways you have marked one bogus aspect off of the list. You showed beauty was not in your hair when it was straight but in your total facial package. Natural hair, beautiful eyes, amazing smile, and glowing skin tone.
    Thanks for sharing
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the support! It was a difficult decision but I love that you can appreciate the natural me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It fits u perfect....luv up kisha bush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you finally did it, went natural. It is hard at first but it is so much healthier for your hair and your body overall.

    ReplyDelete